Aromatherapy for Arthritis & Rheumatism
This will be a very valuable day for all those qualified in Aromatherapy: Arthritis is not just a disease of older people – it can affect people of all ages, including children; in the UK some 10 million people have arthritis.
This information packed day is for those qualified in aromatherapy who want to understand much more. We will explore effective treatment options for arthritic conditions in terms of selecting appropriate essential oils and aromatic bases - giving you valuable knowledge which will be beyond what is covered on the level 3 courses - this course will take your knowledge to another level.
This will be a thoroughly interesting day – primarily theoretical but we will also explore treatment modalities such as massage, thermotherapy and cryotherapy with practical demonstrations and participation.
5 CPD Points
This is primarily a theory based day aimed at giving you a far deeper understanding of this painful condition that so many clients present with. We will look briefly at the pathophysiology and symptomatology of arthritic conditions. Selection of appropriate essentials oils for arthritic conditions will be discuss in relation to their chemical make up with reference to particular essential oil components and their actions on inflammatory pathways. The benefits of massage and the use of heat and cold will be explored in relation to how these can be applied in a safe and appropriate manner for our clients.
By the end of the day you will:
- Have a good knowledge of the “arthritic” condition
- Be clear on which chemical groups found in essential oils are appropriate for the arthritic client
- Be aware of particular essential oil components that may have anti-inflammatory, analgesic and pain relieving properties and how these can be blended with maximum effect
- Have gained experience of other treatment techniques that could be used with clients on an individual basis.
- Have an awareness of other appropriate lifestyle advice