Indian Head Massage is carried out in a ‘regular’ chair with the client fully clothed which makes it an extremely flexible and versatile therapy yet still amazingly stress relieving – ideal for corporate work, for clients who don’t want to undress or find it difficult to lie on a couch or for those ’impromtu’ situations – no need for special equipment or oil!
Practical - will be delivered face to face on each of the courses dates at our venue in Newport
Theory will be delivered online – you will be given access to the tutorial approx. 1 week before the practical session
Indian Head massage, originating in the East several hundred years ago, works on both physical and mental states. The client doesn’t need to undress and there is no specialist equipment of any kind, a truly mobile therapy.
Indian Head Massage induces a state of calm, peace and tranquility and promotes high levels of alertness and concentration. Relaxing, yet invigorating, Indian Head Massage creates a wonderful feeling of well-being.
- The History and Origins of Indian Head Massage
- Choosing suitable seating
- The various massage techniques involved
- Areas of the body which are treated
- Oils used and their benefits
- The many benefits of IHM
- Contraindications - when not to treat
- Possible contra-actions
- How IHM helps to relieve stress and tension
- Preparation for treatment
- A brief introduction to Chakras/Energy Centres
- After care and advice to aid effectiveness of treatment
Further practice will be required in the form of 3 case studies plus you will be required to take a practical & written assessment on day 2.