Emergency First Aid At Work
Why it is important as a Therapist to be able to offer FIRST AID?
About this Course
Ask yourself these questions!!
- Would you know what to so if your client fell whilst with you and fractured their wrist?
- Would you know what to do if your client fainted?
- Would you know what to do if your client did not disclose that they had Epilepsy and then had a seizure during the treatment?
- Worse still, would you know what to do if your client stopped breathing?
- Would you know YOUR responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974?
- Would you know how to complete an accident form?
- Would you be able to carry out a full risk assessment to prevent injurys in your place of practice?
FIRST AID training will give you the knowledge and practical ability to…..
Preserve Life, Prevent Further Injury, and Promote Recovery”
Certificate Duration: 3 Years
Emergency First Aid at Work or EFAW, is accepted as the minimum standard that must be achieved for many who are designated at workplace First Aiders. This course is an ideal stepping stone and introduction to the First Aid at Work qualification that other designated First Aiders will have to achieve. No Previous experience is necessary to join this course.
Course Duration: 1 Day
Assessment: Practical demonstration and oral questioning
Course Aims: To provide students with the skills to perform Emergency First Aid in the workplace.
Course Objectives: By the end of the training session the students will be able to do the following:
– Discuss how to deal with an emergency
– Discuss and demonstrate Infection Control measures – Gloves and other barriers
– Discuss and demonstrate the Primary Survey
– Discuss the causes of unconsciousness
– Discuss and demonstrate the Secondary Survey
– Discuss and demonstrate CPR – Adults, children, babies
– Discuss and demonstrate choking procedures – Adults, children, babies
– Discuss and demonstrate the prevention and control of Shock
– Discuss and demonstrate bleeding management – Various wounds
– Discuss the procedures for dealing with Burns
– Discuss the need for, and completion of, Accident Report books and RIDDOR forms
Marie Lloyd has been working in Healthcare for over 30 years in many roles such as Support Worker, Activities & Lifestyle Project Manager, Drug and Alcohol Detox Practitioner, Care Home Manager, Health & Social Care Trainer & IQA/assessor and Dementia Practitioner/Specialist. In 2000, Marie became a Holistic Therapist, qualified in Aromatherapy, Holistic Facials, Thai Foot Massage, Hot Stones, Hopi Ear Candle Therapy, Reflexology, Swedish Massage, Advanced Massage, Sports Massage, Lymphatic Drainage, Indian Head Massage, Maternity Reflexology, Music Therapy, Story Massage, Baby Massage, Mindfulness & Counselling. Marie’s aim was to provide therapies and training in Healthcare services to promote individual’s health & wellbeing. This bespoke training was acknowledged by various Healthcare organisations around the UK. Marie won Adult tutor of the year 2004. For the last 10 years, Marie has been providing qualifications, training and workshops in all aspects of Health & Social Care & Holistic Therapies in the Workplace, Colleges & Community Centres around the UK. As a Healthcare and Wellbeing Practitioner & Trainer, Marie delivers training and support in Dementia Care services, Mental Health services, Drug and Alcohol projects, Domestic Abuse projects, Childcare services and Third Sector organisations.